Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 1

Day one again, I guess. Day one of plenty of day and week ones. So here I am again setting out to record a climb, recovery, from all the obstacles before. This one hopefully unstopping, detail and steadfastness a net to keep me on track? (I had a friend a while back; he called cigarettes his net. However bad the day, hour, or moment was going, he could always fall back on his net, he said. This will be my net, hah.) Maybe this series will help me, motivate me through the foggy fatigue, languor and listlessness, procrastination and utter boredom commit to my goals, and reclaim something? Start something. Great.

So.

I joined this gym the other week. Two or three weeks ago to start a workout regimen-- not necessarily a weight training or get-buff routine but more a cardiovascular thing, to kind of go along with the whole yoga and meditation and vitamins and psych-pills: SSRIs for the anxiety, depression etc.. thing. Since I've not kind of ridden my bike in what feels like ages -- at all this season for the most part -- and have been a bit consumed with guzzling beers after long shifts, eating poorly (and subsequently gaining like 30 pounds, to 160 from 140) -- and have pretty much failed or put off longer than I ever wanted starting all the yoga stuff and focus stuff, that mindfulness and inner-work (ohmmmm) stuff -- well, I figure ... it's time? It's been long enough, I hope. A long enough dismal rut.

So I have a gym membership. That I've not yet used. I've put off using it through all my days off and days rested post work after early shift, as I have lots of different things over the... years? I'm 27.

And tomorrow I'm off work. Today I was off work. Today, yeah, I went not ... to the gym. Started not the routine, but started this blog, however. So that's good, I guess. And tomorrow, I must go. I know... Yeah. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of-- well... we all know that one.

And I'll write about it after.

No comments:

Post a Comment